COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR BUSINESS ANALYST
A Business Analyst is the one who analyzes the business of an organization. The core duty of a Business Analyst is requirements management.
BA should be able to understand the business policies, business operations, a structure of an organization and suggests any improvements (like how to improve the quality of services, technical solutions to business problems etc) to achieve the goals of an organization.
For a BA interview, you should be confident enough to answer the questions of the interviewer. From the answers given by you, the interviewer can judge your listening skills and can assess your capability of responding to the situations.
As a Business Analyst what is your role in an organization?
- A) A Business Analyst plays a vital role in a project for an organization.
- i) The main role of a Business Analyst is to find out the needs of an organization, finding out their problems, even predicting the future issues to an extent and suggesting the suitable solutions for the same and drive through the organization’s achievements.
- ii) Business Analyst role varies from organization to organization, project to project and even from domain to domain.
iii) BA in a project can play the role of a Business Planner, System Analyst, Data Analyst, Organization Analyst, Application Designer, Subject Area Expert, Technical Architect etc.
- iv) Core skills of a BA are a good grip on system engineering concepts, leadership qualities, technical knowledge, writing and verbal communications.
What is meant by Benchmarking?
The process of measuring the quality of policies, programs, products, rules and other measures of an organization against the standard measures or against the other companies is termed as Benchmarking. This is used to the measure the performance of a company to compete in the industry.
The main purpose of benchmarking is to find out the areas of improvement in a company and to analyze how the neighbor companies are achieving their goals.www.iibmindia.in
What makes you unique from others?
The answer to this question will test your experience, skills, and individuality. “I am technically sound and can make a strong relationship with the customer. With this unique combination, I can use my knowledge and information to build a user-friendly environment”.
What are the tasks that are not part of a BA’s job?
- i) A Business Analyst is not intended to organize the project team meetings.
- ii) A Business Analyst should not bother regarding the risks and issues tracker of a project.
iii) A Business Analyst should not perform activities like testing (executing the TC’s), coding or programming.